Friday, August 18, 2006

Our 7th Year Anniversary (as a couple)

Apparently this new job of mine is a lot tougher than I thought, which explains why I have not had a new post in over a week. While I do admit that it is tough and the workload is pretty intense, I must admit that I am really finding the work challenging and really exciting too. I think this job came at just the right time in my life. One, because Jojo and I have not yet been blessed with kids and so I can be guilt-free in my acts of workaholicism. Second, because I am so mentally, professionally, and personally challenged – it’s actually a welcome change from what I used to do. And third, because I absolutely love the commute. I would gladly spend the two hours I am normally stuck in traffic working at my desk and actually be productive.

Anyway, enough about work. The reason I was prompted to blog tonight was to say a special thank you to my hubby. He’s been very patient and very supportive during my first month at my new job. He’s done more than his fair share of housework and listened patiently every night as I rant and rave about work. All I can say is “thank you Ni!”.

But that’s not all. Today is our 7th year anniversary as a couple. Because I’ve been so busy (I know it’s not an excuse), I promised Joj that as my belated gift to him, I would make a special home-cooked meal this weekend. It’s the least I can do since our last few dinners were all hurriedly thrown together or were take-out meals.

Joj, on the other hand, who also has been busy the last few days, still managed to make tonight special. I was greeted with a dozen beautiful long stemmed roses when he arrived home. Not to mention a box of chocolate biscuits. And then for dinner, Jojo took me to Soho Fusion, where the ambience was quite romantic (soft music, dinner by candlelight, nice decor). Dinner started off with Vietnamese pork and shrimp spring rolls with a sweet peanut dipping sauce. They were excellent – the vegetables were so fresh and the little kick you get when biting into fresh basil and mint leaves was really good. For our main course, we shared three small orders. The first was a Ruby Curry which was slightly spicy, but not overpowering where you could no longer taste the sweet coconut milk and savor the pieces of chicken, red and green peppers, basil leaves, and bamboo shoots. We also had the Beef Waterfall, tender slices of grilled rib-eye slightly undercooked but finished off with a marinade of fresh lime juice, Thai spices, and sprinkled liberally with rice powder, which gave it a lovely crunch. The sliced red onions, carrots and parsley on the side were just the right touch. Last but not the least, we had Thai roasted chicken that is similar to rotisserie chicken but more savory with a slight lemony taste. The sauce that came on the side was slightly tangy and sweet and was good too. We both had a serving of heavy, sticky rice – which for me was overdoing it a bit. I think the meal would have been better off with fluffy Jasmine rice instead. But overall, it was a good dinner which left us with no room for dessert.

We just arrived home and while my hubby is tinkering with his computer, I’m waiting for the Monk to air on USA. Perfect way to cap off an already great night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, very descriptive words which made me really hungry. Just wanted to say congratulations once again on your job! Glad to hear you're enjoying it because that's one of the most important things. But more importantly, congratulations on your 7th year!!! I'm pretty sure you guys will get to celebrate more in the future!

Always looking forward in the next entry! :)

Junarakasa said...

Thanks Marc. Next time you come visit we'll go to Soho and order the exact same things! :)

Hope all is well with you too.

Anonymous said...

Both Jojo and you exemplify the filipino trait of celebrating every occassion. It is a good practise as it can make daily life more fun and enjoyable. Glad to hear too that your new work is challenging but exciting for you.