Ten Reasons why I’ve been “missing in action”:
1. My SIL, Tracy, got married last Dec. 16th and we were all busy helping with the wedding.
2. My hubby’s family from out of town came for the wedding.
3. We celebrated our 2nd wedding anniversary last Dec. 18th – 2 years, can you believe it?!
4. Had to travel to
5. Last minute Xmas shopping – and wrapping – and shopping – and wrapping – and some more shopping!
6. Office Xmas party.
7. Having my cousin, Chris, over for the holidays.
8. Year-end stuff to finish for work.
9. Sending out Xmas cards – that are turning into Happy New Year cards instead.
10. Celebrating the holidays!
Ten Things I Loved About Christmas 2006:
1. Christmas mass and singing Christmas carols – literally gives me the chills! Especially when the choir broke out into “Ang Pasko Ay Sumapit” – It was a mixture of the Xmas spirit and homesickness all rolled into one :)
2. Watching my nieces and nephews opening their Xmas presents.
3. Noche Buena (a Filipino tradition my hubby and his family have taught me to appreciate).
4. Annual Xmas letters from friends that helps me catch up with the year that went by.
5. Our traditional Xmas Eve phone call to Manila – since it’s Xmas Day there, it’s the one time everyone (and I mean EVERYONE) is there. Got to talk to my guama (grandma) and hear her voice which is always nice.
6. Snuggling in bed with my hubby on Xmas morning.
7. My in-laws’ annual Bingo tournament.
8. Secret Santas (with my family and at work).
9. Catching up with neighbors and exchanging homemade goodies (we’re constantly rushing in and out of our homes during the year – this is the only time we get to slow down and actually talk to each other).
10. Yummy leftovers that last pretty much the whole week!
Ten Things That I Am Looking Forward to This Weekend:
1. Yesterday was my last day of work for 2006 – I have a 4-day weekend starting today!!!
2. Celebrating New Year’s at my SIL/BIL’s place in
3. Meeting up with my cousin, Leeanne, who I have not seen in more than 5 years!
4. Attending New Year’s Eve mass.
6. Our planned weekend trip to
7. Using up all those gift cards we got for Xmas!
8. Attending 3 simultaneous baby showers for people at work.
9. Getting our Garmin Nuvi and going for long, adventurous drives :)
10. The start of 2007 – endless possibilities!