Monday, April 12, 2010

I Love Weddings!

Last Saturday was the wedding of my brother-in-law, Jay, and my new sister-in-law, Charmaine. I know it sounds cliche to say "it was a beautiful wedding" but this one truly was a beautiful event. It had all the right elements. There was the beautiful bride, the dashing groom, a happy gathering of family and friends, a majestic church, a wonderfully-decorated ballroom, good food, lots of dancing and everyone having a great time.

The wedding was held at the Mary, Star of the Sea Church in San Pedro while the reception was held at the Crowne Plaza hotel. Here are some pictures from that special day. (FYI - these are pictures from my camera ... so they are not very professionally done. I will try to get pictures from the professional photographer so you can see how lovely Cha's gown was, how gorgeous the flowers were and how much work went into decorating the ballroom!).

The event started on time. The bridal party walked down the aisle. The grand entrance was of Cha's mom walking her down the aisle.
I didn't get any shots during the wedding but here is one at the end. From this moment on, they will be known as "Mr. and Mrs. Jerome Ordinario" =)
The bride and groom with their wedding party - mostly their friends from high school and college.
Jay and Cha with Cha's sister, Kat, her mom, Jay's parents (my in-laws), and the flower girls and ring bearers.
With my sisters-in-law, mother-in-law, friends and family.
Here's me and my very own handsome groom! =)
My nieces and nephews (except Jeremy) ... it was really hard getting them all to standstill for this picture! But it was worth it because don't they all look adorable?
The entire Ordinario family ... minus Ogie's family (wishing they were here too!)
At the reception, we started the evening off with a blessing led by Father Jun (the groom's uncle). I wish I had taken some shots of the ballroom. It was really very tastefully decorated and the wedding colors (yellow and orange) really made the place look very festive.
Their first dance as husband and wife. Don't they look absolutely happy?
Now everyone on the dance floor! It was great to see the kids getting into it too =)
Cutting their wedding cake. They had a super delicious banana cake with cream frosting.

To Jay and Cha, congratulations and best wishes for your very own "happy ever after"!

2 comments:

leslie ty said...

congratulations Jay and Cha =) I think I met Jay in one of my visits to LA...the next time I visit you...hope I'll be able to meet Cha =)

by the way jo, i loooove your dress =) i like the color and the cut is very flattering =)

joyeee said...

congrats as well!:)

same comment with les... I SO LOVE YOUR DRESS!!! The color stands out and the style is amazing! I love it dets!!! :) you look great in it! Love the hair too! (thanks gil..haha)