Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Getting All Emotional

My pregnancy hormones are going wacko these days. Yesterday I found myself crying while watching a late night country music concert on tv. It was hardly heart-wrenching after all it was was country music artists singing carols but it brought on the waterworks! This morning, I again started to tear up as I listened to Nat King Cole sing "I'll Be Home for Christmas" on the radio while driving to work. I don't know why ... and with no warning whatsoever I just got goosebumpy and tingly and then the tears just start flowing. I had to reassure my co-workers that I was okay when I walked in the office with puffy eyes. And just this evening, Jojo was being extra nice to me (he offered to make dinner AND wash the dishes afterwards) since I had a slight headache, well, you would think he offered me one of his kidneys the way I started feeling all weepy and emotional. I think Jojo did start to think I was acting a bit strange. It's sort of funny since I don't really consider myself the mushy / sentimental type. I do get emotional at times but it takes a lot to make me burst into tears. These days, well, it just seems to happen so randomly and so often. I can be sitting at mass listening to the homily and find myself moved to tears. That has happened on more than one occasion. Or it could be me just sitting quietly, reading baby books and when I think about my very own Jellybean, I can actually will myself to cry. It is kind of weird, funny and strange, all at the same time =)

3 comments:

joyeee said...

i can't say i know how you feel...(haha obviously i dont cuz i havent experienced it yet..!) But I can say that I guess with all the hormones, you're really bound to get all emotional. I know how excited you must be for Jellybean! and we're all pretty psyched here2!:)

Junarakasa said...

Hi Joybert! I know this is so premature but I am hoping you hurry up and get married and have a baby na rin soon. Jellybean needs to have cousins on her mother's side =)

joyeee said...

hahah i love our name calling! me being Joybert and you being joey two shoes! haha:) Pressure pressure:) studies first!!! Nice talking with you a while ago dets. Missed ya! Thanks for offering to help with u know what (clue:bling bling...haha)!:)