Saturday, April 16, 2011

Realizations

A few realizations I've come to chance upon the last few days:

1.) I'm the kind of person who likes to be prepared, organized and know what I am up against. Whether in my personal life or professional career. Motherhood has stripped me of that. With being a mom, there is no way I can be prepared for everything, no way I can be completely organized about things, and no way to predict and know everything that comes up. This is what scares me about motherhood.

2.) Now that I have come to realize that I can not be as prepared and organized as I'd like to be - I have to focus on what I can do about it. I will take it one day at a time. I will do the best I can. I will not take minor setbacks personally. I will try to prepare as much as I can but also accept that some things are just beyond my control. I need to help myself through this.

3.) My husband, mom and sister are my core support group. They are with me 24/7 and have been 100% there for Jamie and me. I am so lucky and blessed to have them.

4.) Soon, my sister is going to be busy with school, my husband will have to go back to work, my mom will be leaving for home. I have to realize it is NOT the end of the world. It is just a shift in how things are. I still have their support - but it's also time for me to "stand on my own" and be a "mom" to my baby.

5.) Life will never throw up challenges we can not handle. I know that - now I've got to "live" it.

P.S. THANK YOU to my friends and family who have read my blog and have written me emails to show support. You guys are all angels helping me through this. THANK YOU again!

3 comments:

mom said...

The fear the worries and the anxiety will always be there no matter what age your child will be, but your heart will also be filled to bursting with joy, and pride and contentment as you watch your child grow. Take it just 1 day at a time. Enjoy and live each moment with your child and forever etch in you memory these precious souvenirs. Time moves without our realizing it oftentimes. it seems like yesterday when you were the baby in my arms, and now you hold your baby in your arms. trust in God and all will be well.

Junarakasa said...

Thank you, mom, for your quiet reassurance, your support during this transition in my life, and the invaluable advice you have shared with me as a mother. I am most grateful for all you have done and continue to do. I know I've told you this before - but my gratitude is much greater now that I understand more and more what it means to be a mom. Hopefully I can be as selfless, as calm, and as loving as you. That would be truly an accomplishment. Love you, Mooder!

leslie ty said...

You can do this JO!!! =) Just do your very best and everything will turn out fine....Jamie will know how much you love her no matter what =)

We're here for you and Jamie =)