Thursday, January 28, 2010

Stats

Some of my job searching statistics:

21: number of days I have been actively job-searching

3.5: average number of hours I spend on job-searching tasks per day

8: average number of jobs I really want, that I have so far applied for

15: average number of jobs that seem “ok”, that I have so far applied for

20: average number of jobs that I don’t really want but could probably work on for now, that I have so far applied for

5: number of headhunter / staffing companies I am working with

7: average number of networking contacts I make in a week

2: job leads sent by the headhunter / staffing companies

2: job leads sent by networking contacts

2: job interviews, by phone, I have been on so far

1: job interview, in person, I have been on so far

0: job offers so far

The numbers seem a bit daunting … and normally the “old” me would be feeling signs of depression and frustration already. But strangely, I am still very hopeful and quite positive. I am at a point in my life where I have realized that good things come to those who wait and that the best things in life are worth waiting for. I don’t want just any old job – but something that makes me happy to get out bed every morning. I know I’ll eventually find it. RIGHT??? =)

6 comments:

joyeee said...

Yes dets!!! most definitely!:) They would be lucky to get a hardworking, smart, loyal, and creative person like you!!! I'm sure the right job will come along...don't rush it!:) Stats are just numbers anyway! haha:)

Auntie Lillian said...

Joanne, just be patient - with your resume and experience, a lucky company will be looking for you soon. In the meantime, enjoy the freedom to run your errands on your own schedule.

Jin said...

Joanne, I like you with many reasons. among them, I like your positive thinking and I often learn from you! You will get a perfect jog for you, no,a perfect company which can see your golden ability will find you out soon!

mom said...

Waiting is never easy, but as you know the best things in life are often the ones that we have to patiently wait for. I know without a doubt that there will be something just right for you out there. remember no situation remains the same for long. You may be on the verge of discouragement now but right around the corner lady luck is smiling at you.

leslie ty said...

Take your time Jo...you'll know naman if the job is the right "one"...oh my gosh! it's like finding Mr. Right ! =)
Seriously, I'm glad you are enjoying the journey =)

Junarakasa said...

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone! I'm keeping positive and hopeful. =) I am sure I'll find the right job soon =)