Saturday, February 13, 2010

Writer's Block

It's been a few days since my last post. I can only blame it on what I call "writer's block". On several occasions, I have found myself sitting in font of my Mac and ready to write but for some reason no words come to mind. I am finding myself so easily distracted these days (there is always something more interesting to do!). My lack of entries, is not because I don't have time (because I certainly can squeeze writing into my schedule) and it's not because there hasn't been anything to write about (because there have been some interesting developments ... plus I usually can find something to write about, even mundane every day stuff!). It's just been this stupid "writer's block".

The first few days after my last post, I did not feel like I had to write (after all a day or two in between posts is ok). But after the 3rd day and the 4th and so on, it got harder to find something to write about and easier to do other things. There were many times when something interesting would happen (like going on a couple of job interviews, watching an interesting film, getting my Shape-ups for Valentines Day, etc). Things I would normally blog about ... I just didn't. No don't get me wrong, I did want to blog about them, I just didn't actually do it. It's strange. It sorta-kinda felt like I had a deadline looming over me and that I had to write something. But once I forced myself to actually post something, I'd have nothing to say.

Anyway, I decided this is silly. I've always loved my blog and the opportunity to write what I think, believe and feel has been awesome. It's my journal of some sorts, my way to rant and rave, and my way to keep track of what's been going on with my life. Having my family and good friends read what I write is a wonderful added bonus. It's my link to people that matter. And because of all those reasons, I should not feel pressured to write nor should I feel any remorse when I don't. To prove this, I sat down in front of my Mac this morning, ready to do other things and not worry about blogging ... and then I find myself writing ... and posting a blog about the very thing I said I wouldn't worry about. Who knew I only had to stop "pressuring" myself and things would just happen? Go figure!

No comments: