Saturday, December 18, 2010

6th Wedding Anniv

Tonight we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary ... Jojo took me to dinner ... we went to Ruth's Chris restaurant in Anaheim. We've been wanting to eat at Ruth's Chris for the longest time since we've been hearing all sorts of rave reviews about their steaks. Tonight, we thought it would be the perfect way to celebrate our anniversary. Here we are at the entrance (wish I could have taken a shot of the building's exterior since it was quite nice but I didn't want to seem too "touristy"!). Anyway, here's me, Jojo and Jellybean in my big, preggy belly!

Sorry I don't have shots of the interior as well. Again, too bad since the place was really nice and we had a beautiful corner table overlooking the city. But since it was such a NICE place, I didn't want to look way too eager by snapping pictures! =)

After looking over the menu, we ordered and I started with the seafood gumbo. It was very rich and had lovely pieces of shrimp, lump crab, andouille sausage and veggies. It was also quite hearty and a perfect way to warm up on a cold, rainy evening!

Jojo had the House Salad with a lemon basil dressing. It was creamy but at the same time very light too.

Finally, the wait is over! USDA Prime - Ribeye steaks - medium well. We were told that in the US only 3% of beef is categorized as USDA Prime. That made us really excited to try these steaks. They were served on plates that were warmed to 500-degrees (to ensure that from the first bite to the last, our steaks would stay warm). The meat was aged to perfection and only marinated with salt, pepper and some butter - but it was AMAZING! Succulent, savory, tender and just incredibly delicious. Need I say more?

We had creamy mashed potatoes and creamed spinach as our sides. They were good but nothing great. But then again, I guess people don't really go to Ruth's Chris for the sides =)

Here we are getting ready to dig in! Let me just tell you, that first bite was heavenly!

And to cap off the evening, we had a mixed berry cheesecake and chocolate barks ... plus they served us a special raspberry sorbet in a chocolate cup just cause it's our anniversary. =) It was a perfect way to cap off a perfect dinner!

Thanks so much for dinner, Ni. Happy 6th Anniversary and looking forward to many, many more to come! I love you very much =)

5 comments:

mom said...

Happy Anniversary Jo and Jojo! I like the pictures and I enjoyed your narration. So happy that you had a great time together. I pray and wish you many many more happy anniversaries. That steak sure looked mouthwatering.

joyeee said...

Happy Anniversary to both of you!:) Many many more to come!
P.S. love the cardi sis! :)

Junarakasa said...

Mom, Joybs, we definitely should go to Ruth's Chris when you come ... on 2ndthought, make that when you come with Jim and Jules (as I am sure they will definitely enjoy the steaks!).

Auntie Lillian said...

Congratulations to you and Jojo. Compromising is part of a successful marriage - and I am glad you and Jojo compromise on the same thing - the Ruth's Chris experience. The steaks sure looks yummy. May your love continue to grow with each year.

leslie ty said...

happy anniversary Jo and Jojo =)

jo, you don't look preggy at all =) good job! Jojo is looking good...meron syang daddy to be glow =)

I want to try this place!!! =) please bring us there next year...Jogo will love it =)