Wednesday, March 03, 2010

My 10 Favorite Beauty Products (Below $50.00!)

1. Benefit’s Hoola which is an amazing and versatile bronzing powder. You can use it as blush, bronzer and even eye make-up. Plus one little package lasts a really long time. I've had mine for more than a year now.

2. Nivea Q10 Body Firming Lotion – my skin gets super dry especially during the winter season and of all the lotions I’ve tried, this is by far my favorite. It does not have a strong / sickening smell, it lathers on easily and is not greasy, plus it is a firming lotion too! Basically it replaces the elasticity in your skin, making it firmer and toner too.

3. Lush Shampoo Bars. Perfect for traveling. I like the Stimulating and Reviving Mint bar. It's a great pick-me-up when you're in the shower.

4. Tarte Natural Cheek Stain (natural shade) – love the natural wax stain that serves as my blush. I use this cause it’s "goof proof" (it looks good even if you don't know much about make up!). I also like how it lasts all day and it has natural ingredients like acai berry extract and Vitamin C antioxidants.

5. L’Oreal Revitalift Day and Night Cream – I get the one made especially for Asian skin. It’s never too early to think about fine lines and wrinkles. Also I like that the Day version has SPF18 and the night cream works for moisturizing and skin whitening too.

6. Shiseido White Lucent Brightening Powder Foundation (Beige). Okay, this may be above $50.00 if you buy the whole kit, but just under $50.00 when you are getting just the refills. This is the only face powder/foundation that works for me.

7. Moisturizing Hand Soap from Bath & Body Works - my favorite scents include: Moonlight Path (lavender), Coconut Lime Verbena, and Nectarine Mint. Since we wash our hands often, it's nice to have a soap that not, only cleans but also moisturizes. You can literally feel it after you use it! Every sink in our home has this and we always have it in stock too.

8. Human Nature – Pearl Powder, Aloe Vera and Cucumber shampoo. I blogged about this shampoo before. It's a great product (minimizes hair fall and gives my hair more body) and from a great company too (helps the environment and local communities in the Philippines too). You can't beat that!

9. Burt’s Bees – lip shimmer (Rhubarb shade). I use this as my lipstick. Aside from a natural looking shade, it’s also good for the lips with ingredients like Vitamin E, coconut and sunflower oil. It also has a minty tingle that leaves my lips feeling refreshed.

10. Orange Soap – it does not have a brand since it’s made by my sister-in-law’s friend. I love it cause it's all natural and it does not leave my skin dry like other soaps. It also smells very clean and not cloyingly sweet like other soaps. Plus it clears up blemishes and scars too. It’s not yet commercially available but I’ll blog about it when it goes on the market.

5 comments:

joyeee said...

hey you're still promoting human nature! haha I remembered you bought so much of those here!:) I love Burts Bees too!!!

Junarakasa said...

Yup! Yup! =) Joybs, actually Burt's Bees lip shimmer is better than the lip balm (I think I got you the balm last time). Anyway, I will get you the shimmer when I get the chance =)

leslie ty said...

i loooove tarte and benefit products =)

i should try your other suggestions =)

Junarakasa said...

Les, you're actually the one who introduced me to Tarte (do you remember?). =)

Anonymous said...

Well your article helped me terribly much in my college assignment. Hats off to you send, wish look ahead for the duration of more interrelated articles promptly as its anecdote of my favourite question to read.