Friday, August 07, 2009

Home for the Holidays

I am so happy to write that we are DEFINITELY going to be home for the holidays! Jojo and Mark have both gotten time off from work. And Atsi and I, well, we are pretty much off from work the whole time anyway. It's going to be one memorable family reunion. I am so sure dad will be there with us too. He could never resist family gatherings =)

The plan is for my mom, Jim and Joy to come over to the States for a vacation in Nov. While Jim and mom will be leaving by the 4th week of Nov., Joy will be staying on for 1 more week. Then early in Dec., Joy, Atsi and I will be flying home to Manila. Just us girls! Our devoted husbands will follow two weeks later (since they can not take that much time off). Then the 4 of us all fly back to the States in January. This means I get to stay in Manila for over a month!

I am so excited!!! While, I enjoy my life here in Torrance and really have to admit there are perks to living abroad, I am still really looking forward to a trip back home. I can't wait to see my family and friends. I look forward to dinners with my girlfriends and catching up with everyone. I am even excited to get started on shopping for pasalubong since I love handing them out! I can't wait for home-cooked meals, NOT having to do any housework and NOT having to have to drive. I am so excited to get pampered - manicures, pedicures, massages AT HOME! I can't wait to go shopping with my sisters and to eat in all my favorite places. It is 9:00 in the morning and I am seriously craving for some Green Maris hotpot right about now. I am so excited to spend time at home (movie nights in the movie room comes to mind!) and just hanging out. I look forward to all the gatherings that will surely happen since our home is always where everyone seems to congregate! And the best part is spending the holidays back home. There is nothing like Christmas and New Year's in Manila =)

I am literally counting the days till then =)

7 comments:

leslie ty said...

YAHOOOO =) that's the BEST Christmas gift ever...having you home for Christmas again =)

Marc T said...

That's good news! When are they leaving?

Auntie Lillian said...

We're very happy for you , Jenny and your spouses , actually, the whole family - you can all enjoy Christmas together. With your mom, Jim and Joy here for Thanksgiving and you in Manila for Christmas - its one long holiday . Hurrah !

Junarakasa said...

Hi Les, I am so glad din to be going home. We have to do our traditional Xmas dinner and the Kris Kringle! I can't wait to see everyone =)

Hi Marc, you are asking when are they leaving ... who do you mean? Sina Jojo and Mark? They are planning to leave LA on Dec 16. Hope you can join them. We would love to have you join us for the holidays too! =)

Thank you, Auntie Lillian. It is going to be a two-month holiday nga. Plus my best friend is coming pa here in Oct. BTW, you and Uncle Junior are going home na rin soon. Hope you have a great family vacation with Michael, Berkeley and Mark. =)

joyeee said...

hey dets,

Im so happy to hear about this! It would be one great reunions! I'll try to plan stuff so we can all go out and have fun too!:) I hope Marc can come as well...:) We just got back from Cebu. It was super FUN! maybe we can take another trip there..we'll see:) Counting the days as well!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jo, I am happy to hear that you guys are coming for the holidays!

See you then!

mom said...

Just got back from Cebu thus the late comment. I AM SO VERY VERY HAPPY! I AM LOOKING FORWARD TO ONE MOST MEMORABLE HOLIDAY SEASON. I KNOW THAT YOUR DAD HAD A GREAT HAND IN PULLING THIS OFF. HE ALWAYS LIVED FOR FAMILY GET TOGETHERS, FAMILY CELEBRATIONS AND FAMILY SHARING OF ALL and ANY KIND OF ACTIVITIES. NO DOUBT HE WILL BE WITH US!!!